Pakistan Parwan Alliance envisages a society that is fair, safe and equal for all. Its Mission is to create enabling environment where individuals are able to exercise sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) through engagement with government, policy-makers, private sector, media, civil society, communities and other relevant stakeholders.
The aims and objectives of the Alliance are:
- Strengthening of PPA – Alliance in Pakistan to foster a strong and robust SRHR Movement in Pakistan.
- Reform and strengthen policies, laws, procedures and institutions to ensure realization of SRH Rights of every one including disabilities and marginalized communities.
- Access to Comprehensive Sexuality Education and ‘SRH services’ as fundamental Rights especially for young people and women.
- Expand pool of Financial and Technical resources for organizations working on SRHR Develop linkages with International, Regional and National Organizations and networks/alliances to foster a Global movement.
- Represent Pakistan at National, Regional and International forums including Commission on Population & Development (CPD), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), UNESCAP, Muslim Countries Initative (MCI) and others.
Pakistan Parwan Alliance (PPA)’ a national alliance on reproductive health and rights which is responsible for fulfilling the Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) sector’s needs and opportunities and will particularly serve the SRH needs of Pakistani young people aged 10-24.
Pakistan Parwan Alliance (PPA) has carved out its own distinct identity in the SRH alliance market place. PPA members have all worked on various SRHR programs in their own capacity either as a single entity or in joint collaboration with other similar organizations. Many of these members have been a part of other alliances in the past, such as Pakistan SRHR Alliance, Youth Empowerment Alliance, and Parwan Alliance, which tended to be programmatic alliances- meeting only program related objectives, and therefore limited in scope and duration. The PPA is responsible for fulfilling the SRHR sector’s needs and opportunities and will particularly serve the SRH needs of Pakistani young people aged 10-24.This would result in a stronger voice for SRHR, more effective engagement with governments due to combined bargaining power of the members, and broader representation of Pakistan at international SRHR forums.
For more information, please see the Parwan Alliance website.