Are you a civil society leader in South Asia or the MENA region? Are you working for a more gender equal world? SI Leader Lab is an online leadership programme for advocates of gender equality who wish to grow in their role while exploring new tools and forms for collaboration. Apply to SI Leader Lab if you want to grow as a leader, develop your advocacy skills and share knowledge in a network of inspirational peers.
I Leader Lab 2021 will bring together 60 young influential civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA region and Sweden who are active advocates of gender equality. The overarching objective is to strengthen leaders who are working for gender equality.
The programme is an opportunity for you to develop your advocacy skills and work on strategic outreach within your focus area. It’s also an opportunity to grow as a leader, exchange experiences, form new connections and to try out innovative tools and methods with peers working in a similar context.
The programme, spread over three months, contains highly interactive online meetings. We will work in smaller learning groups, combined with sessions that include all participants. The training is founded on experience-based and collaborative learning and will allow you to explore real challenges and areas of development for your own organisation in an innovative and supportive environment.
The programme is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The particular expertise and experience of the participants will largely determine the topics that we work on. The following broader issues, however, will be central: value-based leadership and group development and effective advocacy methods.
You can apply to SI Leader Lab if you:
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organisation or network working for gender equality.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1988–1999).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Are available to take part in all parts of the programme.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme to your team, organisation or other relevant actors.
- Approximate schedule: 23 March -15 June – sessions every Tuesday at 10 am-1 pm CET. There will also be some additional dates with longer sessions. Participants will take part in online seminars, practical group assignments and individual project work.
- Diploma ceremony: 15 June
For more information and online application, visit SI Leader Lab