Daily Archives: August 3, 2017


Civil Society for immediate legislation for the protection of transgender rights

A group of civil society organizations have today called on politicians to consider the human rights of transgender and intersex people as the two bills are tabled in the Senate while one in the National Assembly of Pakistan. Blue Veins and TransAction Alliance in collaboration with Sindh Transgender Network (STN), Baluchistan Alliance for Transgender and Intersex Community (BATIC), PHRO Sindh and Forum for Dignity Initiatives (FDI) has organized a consultative workshop in Islamabad on 3rd August 2017 to chalk out the advocacy plan to support the two bills The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill 2017 jointly submitted in senate […]


Annual Status of Education Report –ASER 2016 launched in Islamabad

Despite the recent focus of the federal and provincial governments on enrollment drives to honour Article 25 A, 19% children aged 6-16 still remain out of school, according to the Annual Status of Education Report –ASER 2016 National survey. The remaining 81% that are enrolled in the 6-16 age bracket are not learning much either. These findings were made public in the report of Pakistan’s largest-annual citizen-led household based ASER Survey 2016 – the seventh ASER Survey report in a row – launched in Islamabad on Wednesday, 2nd August 2017.  ASER is managed by Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi (ITA) in partnership with many […]